Re: Bounced Messages

No, Cathy, have not noticed this, but do see some replies to messages
I have not received, so the weather could be affecting net traffic
between servers.  Private addresses could be bouncing because the
person's mail box was full and they were off line or something and
not downloading their mail.  Only Chris could tell us whether he's
getting a lot of bounces to people's mailboxes from the list.  Like,
if their private mail is bouncing, probably the list is bouncing too.

As far as I know, hort.net is not set up to have anything to do with
people's private email.  It's only a server that all list messages go
to and which sends them out to everybody who is signed up for the

Even if you try to reply privately to a message that came in to the
list, that person's mail box could have gotten full between the time
they sent the message to the list and you tried to reply personally.

Also, there could be some ISP problem with a mail server going
on...there are so many reasons that email does strange stuff:-)

Usually an email bounce will come with some sort of reason attached
(sometimes makes no sense, but it's there).  What have the bounces
you've gotten said?

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :