Re: Happy Birthday!

Yeh...my ex heard it too! LOL. That's why he's my EX. LOL LOL LOL. My husband is a sweety...I just have to every now and then redirect they way he thinks. He gets used to his underwear always being neatly folded in his drawer, and a towel and washrag always ready to go...and the toilet is clean, the kitchen is clean....but never bothers to say thank you. Just expects it. When I get like this...he'll come back later and say, "ya know..you're right...thanks for doing all that". And in the past he has hired somebody to come and clean the house twice a month. Six to four kids in a house is a LOT of work and a LOT of laundry. And three of those six kids are HIS....so....'nuff said.

From: james singer <jsinger@igc.org>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy Birthday!
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 13:32:39 -0500

I think I've heard this somewhere before. Maybe one or two of my exes.

On Saturday, February 7, 2004, at 01:16 PM, Jesse Bell wrote:

Thanks! And no, you don't sound preachy at all. It's just the truth. I've hit that point in my life where my family thinks I've gone insane and "changed". LOL. Because I've gone on strike. When they ask "what's for dinner?" I say "I don't know, what are you fixing?" When my husband can't find clothes I say "I don't know, ask the laundry fairy what she did with it". It dawned on me that I have a house full of teenagers and a husband who think they can't do anything. The youngest three are all 15 years old. The other is 17. The oldest two are gone. I work outside the home. So does my husband. So why should I be the one who plans dinners, does all the laundry and somehow magically know where to find things that they have lost? It escapes me. So...about two weeks ago, I did the "meltdown" thing and gathered the whole family together and told them that I am not their maid or housekeeper, I will be taking time to do the things that I want to do and if that bothers them, TOO BAD! They always seem to find time to do what they want to do, but I'm the one stuck cleaning the house and such. NO MORE. I told my husband if he wants a clean and spotless house, then get after it or hire a housecleaner. I will do SOME, but not ALL anymore. And I warned them that gardening season is around the corner and if they need me...they'll know where to find me...and it WON'T be in the house. I've heard this happens to women when they hit the menopausal years.....well....I guess it hit me. I do NOT have to do this anymore. They are all quite capable of doing it themselves. I am not Saint Jesse the martyr. If they want something...learn to do it themselves. End of discussion. So, now they think I've become this grouchy person. OH well.

Jesse Rene' Bell
Claremore, OK
Zone 6