Re: Teenagers

Must be hell being a teenager today. Seriously. The whole bloody society is driven by the teenage market. Every conceivable commercial scam panders to their underdeveloped understanding of the world and reinforces their herd-like tastes in the tasteless. And they all seem to have access to way more money--and I mean in a relative sense, inflation adjusted and all that--than previous generations but with less guidance on how to squander it.

It is also the biologic time when most of us begin defining our adult selves. We are old enough to breed, and frequently do, but not well enough educated to know why we want to breed or to understand the consequences of breeding [funny, I think, aside--when I was in highschool, acne was popularly associated with abstinence]. Except farm kids; in my experience, farm kids always clearly understood the purpose of breeding.