Re: head count

Hi all-

I also post on a semi-regular basis- sometime about garden stuff, and
sometime about ripping out/remodeling bathrooms etcs.  Anyway-  I look
forward to checking email from this group- and I agree- I too feel like
I have extended family thoughout the US- and all who love gardening!!
My goals in life are to someday move to a 5 acre (or more) plot of land,
so that I can have my own little forest and LOTS more dirt to play in!
(and then I need to win the lottery so I don't have to go to work
anymore and afford all the plants and rocks, etc that I would want to
buy).  I do enjoy being in California for now, since I can garden almost
12 months per year- and I'm a flower, shrub, perennial, and veggie
gardener.  Unlike to professionally landscapes houses around me- I am a
collector.  There are very few plants that I have more than one of- and
I'm happy with that.  Currently, I'm trying to hunt down a Kerria
locally, but think I'm going to have to cave and order online.  My
husband and I have lived in out home for  5 years now (he is not a
gardener- to the yard is all mine : )  - and I've ripped out half of the
front yard and added more garden space- which is now pretty full.  I
keep re-arranging things and am at the point that unless I love a plant,
it is likely to get replaced.  I do donate the removed items to friends
who are just starting gardening- so I guess it is plant recycling!
I have had the pleasure of meeting in person, only one list member, but
hopefully will eventually get to see more of you ( when are we doing
that caravan thing...)

Oh- I am apparently one of the younger members of this group (although I
haven't felt like this lately- I can't believe I'll be 40 in a couple
years???  Bizarre, since half the time I feel like I'm still an
adolescent..  And I am a Cinco de Mayo baby!  And Thanks from me also
Chris- for saving us from losing each other in cyberspace!

Sacramento, CA  zone 8ish-9ish