Re: Gene's catalog

Can't afford that one, Jim.
Gardeners ... especially disappointed ones, have long memories. And it is our fault when something like that happens... one order that went bad last year was over $500. Postal service did not notify the lady let the boxes sit in the post office. By the time the lady went and picked them up plants had begun to cook and rot in the packages. She was not happy with us or the postal service. Nothing I could say would change her mind. She would not even give me a detailed list of what plants made it, which ones did not... conditions, etc. Would not communicate any more... not with me. But, you can count on she talked to all her gardening buddies about our poor service and bad plants that rotted before she got them into the ground. (I do not really believe 100% of the story)
Postal service indicated that they did not like her anyway as she was a pain in the unmentionables ... she did not like them for they left parcels in the ditch at the front of her house..... standoff........
The parcels were priority mail....
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Seems to me someone needs to do a real time/loss study of the alternatives. Might be cheaper to use USPS with a certain expectancy of loss and replacement than to use their higher-priced competitors.