Re: Oleander

I've been amazed at how much cold the Abutilon can stand. Left some out in a large, immovable container.

----- Original Message ----- From: "MICHAEL HABIB" <godihabib@verizon.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Oleander

Daryl and Bonnie,
Thanks for your sympathy.
I'll just leave everything in there and see what, if any will survive. There's nothing that can't be replaced. Several hibiscus, some with twisted trunks that I kept for my neighbor. Lots of Geraniums, fuchsias, heliotropes, a large gardenia (I have another in the garage), persian shield, mandevilla, a plumeria, brugmansia (I have several that Marge sent, rooting inside). The only plant that has the leaves intact is the abutilon, had I known, I might have left it outside. We rarely go down to 17. : (
Godi zone 7
Mt. Vernon, VA