Re: Vet news

Kitty,

I'm so glad your cat is in the treatable stage. Marvelous things, steroids.

I've only seen a cat with heartworms once, and it was apparently a
long-standing case ( this was before there was a heartworm preventative for
cats.)  The first symptom was hysteria and convulsions- in front of all of
the moms and kids at a garden center on a Saturday morning. They freaked and
snatched the kids and ran while we were trying to help the cat.

Nice picture! Black cats can be really hard to photograph.

He has heartworm in his intestinal tract. I vaccinate these cats for
everything possible but thought heartworm was a pretty slim chance.