Re: Washer/dryer

I have an Amana- which still exists (my set is about 9 years old), but I'm sure is owned by some other company by now. The stainless steel washer tub is the entire reason I bought it, and I'm really happy with it. It should last about forever. The dryer is fine too- nothing exciting, but works well and never had any problems. By the way, did you know that most dryer manufacturers recommend AGAINST using dryer sheets in their dryers? I knew the stuff in dryer sheets was not healthy for you, but it was news to me that they also clog up the lint screen and can cause problems with the dryer itself. I recently found a liquid fabric softener that I can use (and doesn't make me itch) and these reusable "static eliminator" things that together do as good if not a better job than the dryer sheets do- so I'm happy with that!

Theresa

Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:
Question for you all, what kind of washer/dryer do you have or want? If you have it, are you happy? What is the best feature? You know when one goes they all go. We replaced our furnace last spring but I won one. Late last fall we replaced the refrigerator and now it is the washer and dryer. I have never had anything but Maytag and have been fully satisfied with each. My current set is 21 yrs old. Maytag, Iowa owned in the past, have had some real problems recently and I am leaning not to purchase another. Energy efficient and reliability is the top requirements
     Ceres.

Check out free AOL at http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and much more.