Re: What is wrong
  • Subject: Re: What is wrong
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 13:20:14 -0500

The last time we got 10 inches of snow here in the Atlanta area was in the 80's. It had the highways closed down for a week.

Last night, when our 3" of snow started freezing, it caused huge traffic nightmares. One poor truck driver reported that it took him 11 hours to drive 4 miles, and that was on I-85.

Georgia does have a few snowplows now. When we moved here, there were no such outside the city, and there were no sand/salt trucks, either. Sanding was done by convicts standing on top of a load in a dump truck - shoveling by hand.