Re: Harry Potter Garden--OT Books and the imagination.

I feel so blessed to have 3 kids who are voracious readers...my six year
old is currently reading the Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, my eight
year old is busy with the Last of the Mohicans, and my 10 year old is
busily keeping up with reading assignments for school (not too much time
for her with leisure reading during school season). I can't imagine not
encouraging reading in any form that catches a kid's
imagination...especially since all the latest research points to reading
as a link to academic and personal achievement...

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein --- On Thu 01/02, < Aplfgcnys@aol.com >
wrote:From: [mailto: Aplfgcnys@aol.com]To: gardenchat@hort.netDate: Thu,
2 Jan 2003 17:33:41 ESTSubject: Re: [CHAT] Harry Potter Garden--OT Books
and the imagination.In a message dated 01/02/2003 12:54:03 PM Eastern
Standard Time, hodgesaa@islc.net writes:> I'll have to try that with
her! And I bet she eventually reads those books> whether her parent's
know about it or not. ;-)> > When my sons were small I sometimes
conned them into reading things by telling them they wouldn't
understand, or weren't old enough. That became a challenge. Now I have
seen them use the same tactics on their children. Maybe we're a breed of
mavericks with strong contrary streaks, but they all turned out to be
sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with themessage

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com