Re: cimicifuga (aka black snakeroot)

Melody,
I tried small starts of Cimicifuga racemosa (Actea simplex)a couple of times
and lost them.  Then I got a larger one and it took hold. Gets a little bigger
each year - last year I got two wands!  Last year I got C. acerina,
(maple-shaped leaves)but it seemed to disappear;I'm hoping it will show up
again this spring.  I also got a nice sized C.'Hillside Black Beauty', which
has burgundy leaves.  Looks pretty sturdy, so I'm expecting a good future
performance.  They are very nice woodland plants and I've never noticed any
particular fragrance.

Kitty