From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Melody
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 10:36 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] OT-now Ms. Mrs./married names

Kitty: I hyphenated my last name...Hobert-Mellecker. I was 25 when I got
married and didn't feel comfortable giving up my name but also wanted to
honor my husband's family name. My children have just their dad's last
name but are always asking me why that is...I don't really have a good
answer for them. One couple I know did something I didn't even know was
possible, but which is apparently legal as well...Her last name was
Johnson, his was O'Mara...now they are both Johnson-O'Mara...Just as it
is legal for a woman to change her name at the time of marriage, it is
for a man as well. Their son carries both last names too. If I had known
before I got married that this was possible, this is probably what my
husband and I would have done...seems more fitting for a true union,
don't you think?

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein

 --- On Wed 01/29, Libby Valentine < LVALENTINE@WORKINGCONCEPTS.COM >