Re: OT-Reverse sexism?!

Melody, car salesman are some of the worst to deal with a female.  I have
purchased most of our vehicles since the middle 70's. mostly because I am
willing to do the research and my husband really does not enjoy it.  We
usually order a vehicle, sell our used vehicle on our own  and expect to own
a new vehicle for a number of years .  I can tell you things are much better
today than back then.
    In 1983 we decided we would order a Buick Rivera. We went to a local
dealer, sat down with a salesman and I provided the specifications which we
wanted on the car.  He gave us a price, I pulled out my calculator and said I
am willing to pay this amount of money.  He gave me a smart look and said
'What are you, a banker.'  End of conversation.
    I did find  a salesman that was willing to deal with me and treat me as
if I had the capability of making a decision.  The car came in and  my
husband & I  went to pick it up.  We then had to deal with the person who
does the ownership papers, etc. He would not acknowledge I was there so I
walked out of the office.  When all was complete and he needed a check I went
back into his office, wrote the check, let him have it and walked into the
owners office and let him know we would not purchase car there again.
    The last 3 cars I have purchased have been pleasant experiences.  I
handle my own maintenance and these have been handled well also.
    Ceres