Re: tetnus vaccine

> situation.  Tetnus vaccine had been available freely for years.

It may be because of the severe allergic reactions some people have to the
vaccine. When I was about 12, I got a fish-hook in my finger and had to have
a tetanus booster. It nearly killed me.
Another Dr. several years later said that the reaction was likely because
the old vaccine was made from horse serum, and there was a new one called
"Hyper-Tet", but that he wouldn't take a chance.