Re: now recipes- This year's black eyes

I enjoy tossing cappellini or other pasta with basil pesto. There is also a dish that involves heating 1/3 cup of olive oil with 2-3T minced garlic and red pepper flakes (to taste), then removing it from the heat, stirring in 1/3c flat leaf parsley, and tossing it with a 1lb of pasta. I think the key is to not use too much olive oil - you can always add more.
On Sunday, January 4, 2004, at 08:41 PM, Donna wrote:

An old fashion Italian restaurant, that unfortunately closed, made the
best oil based, herbs and parmesan cheese sauce over mostacolli noodles
as a pre-main menu item they gave with each meal. Asked many times what
it was- secret stuff! I tried figuring it out at home and it was awful!

Anyone know what I am talking about or have a recipe to try...

Not the greatest cook....

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of cathy carpenter
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2004 2:19 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] This year's black eyes

Olive oil and herbs also work very well tossed with pasta! Who needs
(I love them, but love pasta in any of its permutations!)
On Saturday, January 3, 2004, at 12:03 PM, Pamela J. Evans wrote:

I can't eat that stuff either Bonnie! My marinara sauce days are
Fortunately I adore alfredo sauce, even if that does trigger the
lactose-intoerant thing. I refuse to live w/out pasta!!