From: Theresa [mailto: tchessie@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 19:03:30 -0800
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Progress on the garden wall

You are welcome to come "play in the dirt" (as my husband
affectionately<br>says) anytime! I still have a tray of plant to get in
the ground and about<br>10 i need to move/rearrange! It is supposed to
rain here again for the next<br>3 days. I'm hoping for sun this weekend
so that I can get some more wall<br>building completed. I'll take
another picture tomorrow, so you can see all<br>the little green plants
in the ground : ) Hopefully this will help tide you<br>over until spring
owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On<br>Behalf
Of Melody<br>Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 1:40 AM<br>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: RE: [CHAT] Progress on the garden
something? anything?<br>:-) With about 7 inches of snow on the ground
from a weekend long<br>snowstorm, it now feels like a proper midwest
winter here...but it has<br>also gotten darned cold...temps. in the
single digits with winds 10-20<br>mph thereby dropping the windchill
down into below zero temps...brrr!!!!<br>Probability for more snow later
in the week, but just a little. Your<br>pictures were great...it is
always so wonderful to see what people on<br>this list are working on in
their own gardens. My husband and I have<br>long been talking about
putting in a retaining wall along our front<br>sidewalk and this spring
will probably be our year to do this<br>project...won't be as extensive
a job as yours and the wall will most<br>likely be lower but you've
provided some great inspiration, so thanks
--- On Sun 01/04, Theresa < tchessie@comcast.net > wrote:<br>From:
Theresa [mailto: tchessie@comcast.net]<br>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 09:25:18 -0800<br>Subject:
RE: [CHAT] Progress on the garden wall<br><br>Ok- I'm glad it isn't
snowing h

ere ( although I would like it to<br>snow<br>occassionally). Since we've
been doing 2 major projects at once<br>(garden<br>wall and wood laminate
flooring), the wall has taken more<br>time that I<br>planned. It didn't
help that both my husband and I were<br>sick the end of Nov,<br>I was in
TX for a week and then sick again when<br>I got home. But...
water<br>under the bridge- It is going to be sunny<br>again today and
I'm going to plant<br>some plants ( and move others). I<br>need to move
a couple roses out front-<br>they are too shaded from a<br>tree in the
back yard now. My Mr. Lincoln rose<br>keeps stretching
for<br>sunlight!!! Also, I have a couple of salvia varieties<br>that
need to<br>move too, and a "sticky monkey flower" (can't recall it's
real<br>name),<br>and a foam flower, that just wants a better home (away
from the<br>bird<br>feeder). I've got a good idea that I'm going to
plant alot and<br>move<br>somethings, but one stuff starts to fill in,
I'll be rearranging<br>things<br>again. That and I'm guessing about
sunlight levels, since<br>there are minimal<br>leaves on the trees and
the sun is at a totally<br>different angle now than in<br>the
summer.<br>Time to go put on lots of<br>clothes and start planning to
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: Re:<br>[CHAT] Progress on the garden
<tchessie@comcast.net><br>To:<br><gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Sunday,
January 04, 2004 12:02<br>PM<br>Subject: RE: [CHAT] Progress on the
when I bought them, but<br>that was months ago).<br>> Right now I just
want it to warm up! Brr- we<br

Message-----<br>> From:
To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>><br>Subject: RE: [CHAT] Progress on the
it! You two have done a great<br>><br>job. When spring rolls around, you
can sit back and admire all your<br>hard<br>> work!
Theresa<br><tchessie@comcast.net><br>> >Reply-To:
changed it's photo sharing<br>settings.<br>> >Moved about 4 1/2 cubic
yards of soil today, and lifted<br>some plants.<br>> >Only have the wall
corners left to build. Neighbor is<br>bringing home a<br>> >big saw next
weekend to tackle this. Yeah!<br>Tomorrow I'm going to<br>> >plant some
of the things waiting on my back<br>porch- if I can
hort.net -- join the hort.net fund
your wine savvy  and get some great new recipes  at MSN<br>Wine.<br>>
hort.net -- join the hort.net fund
hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!<br>><br>

Excite! - http://www.excite.com<br>The most personalized portal on the
hort.net -- join the hort.net fund

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com