From: Marge Talt [mailto: mtalt@hort.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 13:02:08 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Progress on the garden wall

Hey Melody,<br><br>With tiny purple flowers, I will bet you bottom
dollar that your<br>plant is Glechoma hederacea, AKA creeping Charlie
AKA ground ivy. <br>Another clue is that this plant has a definite
scent; not unpleasant<br>but very noticeable when you pull it. I have it
in abundance. Have<br>written about it with some scans that might help
you in IDing your<br>pest. Check
down; it's toward the bottom of the article.<br><br>Marge Talt, zone 7
Maryland<br>who'd best get back to
Shade<br>-----------------------------------------------<br>Current
Article: Spring
Index of Articles by Category and
Suite101.com garden topics :<br>

From: Melody <mhobertm@excite.com><br>> <br>> Ceres: The following is a
real question, not meant in jest, tho' it<br>> might sound like it: How
do you distinguish Creeping Jenny from<br>Creeping<br>> Charlie? I'm
sorry, I don't know the official names of either of<br>these,<br>> but
one of them is downright invading my entire
property...I've<br>pretty<br>> much resigned myself to having this
creeping plant everywhere and I<br>do<br>> like the little tiny purple
--- On Sun 01/04, < Cersgarden@aol.com > wrote:<br>> From: [mailto:
Cersgarden@aol.com]<br>> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Sun, 4 Jan
2004 12:41:36 EST<br>> Subject: Re: [CHAT] Progress on the garden
wall<br>> <br>> In a message dated 1/4/04 10:56:46 AM,
kmrsy@comcast.net<br>> writ

you<br>> have this in your garden? My experience in my garden is it
stepping stones.<br>> <br>There are several varieties of ajuga that do
well & add color<br>> variation. Also <br>love Lysimachia nummularia
enhances other
http://www.excite.com<br>> The most personalized portal on the Web!<br>>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com