Re: weather

> From: Pamela J. Evans <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
> You got a point Donna. Weather's been nice this week. Hope it
lasts. And
> I DO hope we get rain soon. You can walk across the lakes up here.
> bad.

Lordy, Pam, you sure do have my sympathy with your extended drought.
That's so tough.  I'm not sure which is worse - too much water or not
enough, but think I'd have to say not enough (except if the too much
was a flood).  No matter how much you water, it is never the same as
a nice soaking rain.  Sure hope you get some water from the sky SOON!

I'd much rather be able to get out and garden every day year around,
whether I'd actually do it or not:)  I find if I haven't gotten
projects done by Thanksgiving, I can just forget doing them until
spring as the Christmas rush puts paid to any gardening time whether
the weather is suitable or not.

But, if I temps are in the 50s or above, I want OUT.  40s and below
I'm not so keen.  Unlike Donna, our office is connected to our home,
so I get to look outside and wish when the weather is nice:-(  Almost
(but not quite) would rather I couldn't see out when it's nice and I
can't get out there....  To me, the height of luxury is the ability
to get up and go outside to the garden and spend all day:-)

We are supposed to have snow tonight and into tomorrow - not a lot,
but accumulation.  This forecast caused me to turn my proposed
schedule for today upside down to get things done and out of office
trips made today that were scheduled for tomorrow in fear that I
wouldn't be able to get out in time tomorrow.  Now, since I'm
prepared, it probably won't snow or it will wait until Friday, when I
simply have got to get out again:-)

Cold here and supposed to get colder.  But, it is staying lighter
just a teensy bit longer every day which means SPRING IS COMING !!!!
 Hang on to that thought, all of you in cold wintry spots.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :