RE: Bamboo and Chicago

Having lived in the city and seen all of their attempts before, I am
hoping someone comes to their senses before doing this. Every project
has been abandoned over the years for these type lots. Of course no one
is going to remove them, or do anything. I can see a major problem with
them arriving in my yard- 40 miles away.

A few years back they tried growing veggies in them. Now that to me was
a much better idea, since most of these lots are in underprivileged
areas. Of course, with this type of situation, no care and much damage
also didn't help. Guessing that is why they picked bamboo- have to have
a tougher plant than the neighborhood.

I don't want you to all think that the planning committees here do not
do great work. They have done a wonderful job in city parks and an
awesome rehab of the lake front museum area. Heck they even have a roof
garden on city hall.