The untimate chocolate

Just received a ripe chocolate [Theobroma cacao] fruit from a friend of mine in Puerto Rico. After taking its picture and whacking it open, I scooped out the seeds and put them in a glass of more-or-less pure water to ferment. The seeds are incased in tart membranes that are most easily removed by fermenting. When the fermentation is finished, I'm going to plant a few of the seeds to see if I can grow a chocolate tree in my front patio microclimate [doubt it] and roast and grind the rest to make raw chocolate. This sounds like a grammar school science project; too bad [just kidding] I don't have that age kids any more.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Zone 10a