Re: Garden hose

> I have plenty of water pressure- but when all 5 hoses are flowing from the
> *exact* same spigot the ones closest to are fine- the one 100+ ft down the
> hose trail just doesn't cut it at the *same* time. Basically only so much
> water can come out of one spigot- divided by 5 sprinklers running leaves the
> guy at the end short. :)

That's one reason to consider increasing the size of the pipe coming into
your house.  With more water you're able to divide it up with each
hose having more end pressure.

> Chris- when you said computerized, did you mean to turn on and off, or
> senses when the ground in an area is dry and starts watering that section...
> now that would be way cool! Details if you get a chance please.

Right now it just turns things on and off.

It's possible to add sensors, but it's trickier because you need one for
each individual zone and those sensors are expensive.

It also allows me to do things like set up a misting bed where it will
spray for ten seconds every 5 minutes -- great for cuttings.