From: Theresa W <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 5:47:08 PM
Subject: Re:
[CHAT] Horticulture question

Yeah- well i don't think is cares about heat-
and dry heat at that. I
was still ripping up peices of it all last summer.
I'm really hoping
that our 20 nights for the past few days has finally killed
it.  It
looks cute,but just gets way too carried away.

Theresa

Pam Evans
wrote:
> Unkillable?  Plant it here where it's hot and won't get any water.
LOL

> On 1/15/07, Theresa W <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> This is
what I've seen called "curly rush" or corkscrew rush.  I'm not
>> sure what
the difference is between Juncus spirales and Juncus effusus
>> though.
>> At
my house these can be quite invasive- so put them in a pot!  I
>> eventually
hanked mine out of the pot too- and I'm still pulling out
>> small starts of
it occassionally.

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

>>> Today one of my garden club embers showed
ua a plant she had received
>>> from somewhere and asked for information on
its culture.  None of us had
>>> a clue, and we're a fairly knowledgeable
group.  It is Juncus spirales,

>> and
>>
>>> she was told it
was a bog plant but she thought it could be grown in a

>> pot
>>
>>> if it were kept very moist.  The plant appears to be a mass of twisted
>>>
>> spikes
>>
>>> about 8-10inches long, but maybe it grows larger in
nature.  Can any of

>> you
>>
>>> give me any information to
help her?