From: Pam Evans
<gardenqueen@gmail.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 17,
2007 7:29:05 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Texas Weather

Oh this is nutso here.
Yes - we have power.  Matter of fact, Sugar just got
behind me and nudged me
out of my recliner as it's the warmest spot in the
house.  It hasn't gotten
above freezing since Sunday.  Unheard of here.
Even when we get the occasional
freeze overnight, it normally starts to thaw
out by noon.  This is crazy.
How do people stand this?   My poor rosemary
shrubs are covered in ice.  I
hope that insulates them until it thaws.  It
needs to be Spring tomorrow.  I
had some daffodils blooming already, they
look like Popsicles now.   Revolting
weather.

On 1/17/07, Cersgarden@aol.com <Cersgarden@aol.com> wrote:

> In a
message dated 1/17/07 6:48:41 PM, zsanders@midsouth.rr.com writes:

heard tonight that all of the shelters in that part of
> > Texas are full.
> >

> On our news tonight they showed films of car after car sliding down the

streets in Portland.   They were bouncing off trees, other cars and

everything

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX