Re: Lonicera fragrantissima

You should know that this plant is considered a pest in many parts of the country, including Tennessee. I've never seen a berry on mine, but I've kept an eye out.

U.S. Weed Information:
Lonicera fragrantissima Lindl. & Paxton

January jasmine
sweet breath-of-spring

This plant can be weedy or invasive according to the authoritative sources noted below. This plant may be known by one or more common names in different places, and some are listed above. Click on an acronym to view each weed list, or click here for a composite list of Weeds of the U.S.

SEEPPC Southeast Exotic Pest Plant Council. 1996. Invasive exotic pest plants in Tennessee (19 October 1999). Research Committee of the Tennessee Exotic Pest Plant Council. Tennessee.