Re: More Food for Thought

I love the crust too. I always wanted the heel when I was little. My mom always cut it thick & it was heavenly soaked with homemade butter & cinnamon sugar.
Makes my mouth water thinking about it.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2009 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] More Food for Thought

That reminds me, Auralie, that when I was stationed on a lighthouse, one of my mates was a guy from Louisiana, with whom I had zero in common. But when you're in a situation like that, you put a lot of judgments and feeling out of reach and try make the time ease by. Anyway, one day we were BSing about how we were different from the way we had been brought up, and Walt said his mother always made cornbread for dinner, but now that he was on his own he would never eat cornbread again, and all he ate was "light" bread, which is what he called Wonderbread.