Re: Lowes, lemons, Ms Fatma, and spaghetti

Thanks Pam...good to be back!

Hills, IA  zone 5

 --- On Wed 07/20, james singer < islandjim1@verizon.net > wrote:
From: james singer [mailto: islandjim1@verizon.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:07:40 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Lowes, lemons, Ms Fatma, and spaghetti

Welcome back, Melody. Lowes, HD, Wal-Mart, and Target mostly compete
nursery <br>stock is concerned. Don't know about carpet or vinyl [don't
use them]. <br>Occasionally, one finds plants worth purchasing
there--but, bedding <br>plants excepted, it's rare. Except for the
variegated lemon, I haven't <br>purchased anything significant from one
of those stores in a long time. <br>But I do look regularly, because you
never know what you'll find. I buy <br>way more plants at society or
collector shows and sales than anywhere <br>else. And they're not small
wrote:<br><br>> Jim: Congrats. on the good savings on your new plant.
Just as an aside<br>> though, this is the problem with places like
Lowe's and HD's that move<br>> into areas...they undercut prices and
drive small business owners out <br>> of<br>> business. My husband works
for a small

carpet/vinyl store and they were<br>> furious when HD moved in for
exactly this reason. Seems to be these<br>> mega-stores agenda. Might be
good for the consumer, but bad for small,<br>> local
Work for the Lord: the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of <br>>
this world!<br>><br>> --- On Fri 07/15, james singer <
islandjim1@verizon.net > wrote:<br>> From: james singer [mailto:
islandjim1@verizon.net]<br>> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Fri, 15
Jul 2005 18:24:52 -0400<br>> Subject: [CHAT] Lowes, lemons, Ms Fatma,
and spaghetti<br>><br>> Lowes opened today. This is the first one to
show up on this part of<br>> <br>the suncoast. So on the way home from
the botanical garden, we<br>> stopped <br>in. Much more organized than
lemon--both leaves and fruit are<br>> variegated; <br>flesh of the fruit
is pink [think pink lemonade]--in

a<br>> 5-gallon pot for <br>$25.00, so we got it. It may have been
mis-marked;<br>> normally variegated <br>lemons that size sell for twice
recovering from her ordeal. For<br>> her first solid food meal <br>we
had whole-wheat spaghetti, dressed <br>> with<br>> olive oil and sauced
with a <br>cucumber-yoghurt concoction. In Indian<br>> cuisine there is
a condiment <br>made of yoghurt, shredded cucumber,<br>> pressed garlic,
there is a cold soup made of yoghurt, <br>shredded cucumber,
condiment or a <br>Lebanese soup. Ms Fatma<br>> added crumbled feta to
seems to be a comfort food with roots <br>that go deep into<br>> their
national gene

C]<br>Maximum 100 F [38<br>>