Re: New Lowe's

If I understand thing correctly, Kitty
Measurement must be given for the INSIDE of the container, not the outside. Almost must be give in metric and inches on the pot or a tag. I am not in the mood to go out and measure, but think a 4 inch pot has never been 4 inches. 3 1/2 or close to that and 4 inch depth. I will have to actually measure one later and see what I come up with. Then there are the "pints" 4 inch but taller depth.
Guess who is going to pay for changing all the molds that makes the containers, rewriting all the literature, marketing. On top of what the cost of oil is doing to containers made from plastic.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "kmrsy" <kmrsy@netzero.net>

But, AHA!, so that's why these no-name guys are now calling their
1-gallon pots 10-inch pots. Bizarre.
I've notices a trend in the past 2 years away from the traditional size
listings. I thought a four inch pot was 4inches across - used to be. Now
some places are using it to refer to depth. I don't mind but they should
clarify what they mean. I ordered 3 inch pots from a couple of places and
got what is traditionally referred to as 2 inch pots. I have no problem
with trade gallons being only 3 qt. Now they are starting to refer to real
gallons as 6 inch pots. Jim's 10 onch pot? I can only imagine it must be
azalea or mum type or awfully skinny.

Still, I would rather by a well-rooted quart than a 6 inch gallon which
holds a recently repotted 2 inch pot plant. I've gotten that at Lowe's