Re: New Lowe's

Gene, I do have some actual 4 inch pots - actual in my estimation as they
measure a full 4 inches square inside at the top, but then taper a bit to
the bottom where it's probably 3.5 in square; depth is about 4 inches.
(hmmmm maybe they were sold as 5 inch?) 4 inch rounds were always supposed
to be 4 inch diameter but some I have aren't barely 3 in diameter, but maybe
4 in deep.  It's all a crapshoot and only makes a difference to me when I
place an order so I have some idea of what I'm getting.

I have ordered plants listed in catalogues as coming "from gallons".  They
are taken from the pot, some soil removed and wrapped.  Saves on shipping
and is fine by me.  They always appear to have been growing in the gallon
for some time.  But last year I purchased from someone new to me and their
"from gallon"  was a 2 or 3 inch size that would be grown on in a gallon.  I
think that is deceptive as it is not what I have received from reputable
nurseries in various parts of the US listed that way.  They should have been
listed "TO gallon" if they wanted to use the 'gallon' word.

Catalogues, paper and online, should be upfront with their sizing.  I have
gone through several without being able to tell if the plants are 2 inch,
gallon or even bareroot.  I resent having to call and ask because I cannot
find the info.  ("Oh, sorry, it's those bottom 2 lines on page 18"- really,
someone told me that!)  I am not concerned about the difference between 3.5
inch and 4 inch or trade gallon and gallon.  But you have to tell me

On site purchases are different.  Listed size shouldn't matter.  WYSIWYG.
Even a blind person can feel the size of the container.
The customers can look at it and determine for themselves if it is worth the