Re: Common name database

You're right, of course. And there likely isn't a one word fits all indicator. But with some plants--say the carob tree, which grows like a weed in zone 9 in California and won't grow at all in zone 9 Florida--the word "dry" comes to mind; whether it's lower humidity or less rainfall or both is another matter.