Re: Re: Tibouchina

Is this the first one?

How about this for the second?

On Jul 14, 2007, at 6:36 AM, TeichFlora@aol.com wrote:

Wonderful, Jim!! It is always such a thrill to finally have a plant bloom after years of hoping. I had the regular more common Princess Flower for years that would flower religiously. It then died while we were gone, and had no rain. I saw one, forgot the species, with much larger foliage, almost dinner plate size.....have had it now for at least three years....but it has YET
to bloom, unfortunately.

This past weekend, at a friend's house, Jerry's Jungle, I saw a Tibouchina that was very intriguing. I had never seen or heard of it before. He didn't
recall the species name, and I haven't had time to look it up.
It was unlike any of the others I had seen. Was more of a trailing or low shrub, much smaller foliage, and highly variegated. Quite interesting. I was told the blooms are similar to a "regular" Tib. He had just gotten it this
spring.    Have you  seen or heard of this species??

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 7/13/2007 11:02:46 AM Central Daylight Time,