Re: Tibouchina

Wonderful, Jim!!  It is always such a thrill to finally have a plant  bloom
after years of hoping.   I had the regular more common Princess  Flower for
years that would flower religiously.  It then died while we were  gone, and had
no rain.  I saw one, forgot the species, with much larger  foliage, almost
dinner plate size.....have had it now for at least three  years....but it has YET
to bloom, unfortunately.
This past weekend, at a friend's house, Jerry's Jungle, I saw a Tibouchina
that was very intriguing.  I had never seen or heard of it before.  He  didn't
recall the species name, and I haven't had time to look it up.
It was unlike any of the others I had seen.  Was more of a trailing or  low
shrub, much smaller foliage, and highly variegated.  Quite  interesting.  I was
told the blooms are similar to a "regular"  Tib.   He had just gotten it this
spring.    Have you  seen or heard of this species??
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 7/13/2007 11:02:46 AM Central Daylight Time,