From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Daryl
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 3:27 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] today

Yes, that one was pretty slim, and only about 5' long. We've had fatter
ones
in the chicken coop, but I've never had them take eggs, or at least not
that
I noticed. There's often some variation among various days eggs -
sometimes
10 sometimes 15. They really work at keeping the mice down, though.

Have you ever had one fall on you from the rafters? I did one day. I was

surprised by how warm it was as it fell on my head, then slid to my
shoulder
and down my arm before moving away.