From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 2:37 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] storm on the way folks.../now cannas

Those cannas that Pam gave me...2 years ago....are now about 3 1/2 feet
tall...and I'm thinning them out and moving them around.  People don't think
they are prennial in this zone....but they are.  I have people stop me when
I'm outside (I live off a major highway) and they'll ask me what "those tall
orange and yellow flowers are!"  When I tell them, they scratch their heads
and say...they don't do well in this part of the state....well, YES they
do....like rabbits...they multiply like crazy!  I love 'em.