From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:20:39 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Rosa 'Paul's > now ZD

Sounds beautiful...and encouraging, Fran. Our ZDs will have excellent
full<br>sun, great air, and MGs to fertilize and water it. My main
concern is that<br>they won't be watered from below, but rather from a
tall cycling sprinkler<br>head that covers the entire garden. More
Ceres remark about ZD not being a repeat bloomer - don't know if
I<br>addressed this - the salesperson said it was (also said disease
resistant)<br>and since I had to make a quick choice, I believed her.
Time will tell. I<br>may have to replace them if
Ferrari" <fm4re@swbell.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent:
Monday, June 07, 2004 12:29 PM<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] Rosa 'Paul's > now
dangerous. No<br>> problems with disease but it's on a trellis that gets
goods air<br>> circulation between the yard and the
to get blooms all season<br>> long. They do well in the summer but few
flowers. I'm not really into<br>> the neurotic care that I could have
for them. I guess that's why most of<br>> my roses are the old fashioned
garden variety. Lots of noisettes that<br>> flop all over the place
since I don't have them climbing but give great<br>>
wrote:<br>> > least it's green and next to the carport so I'm not
thorned anytime<br>> According to J&P, "this nearly thornless Bourbon
07, 2004 10:49 AM<br>> Subject: Re: [CHAT] Rosa 'Paul's Himalayan Musk
covered the trellis where I<br>> > have it. Unfortunately, it's just

- about a foot - and<br>> > doesn't get enough sunlight to bloom more
than spring and fall. Well at<br>> > least it's green and next to the
carport so I'm not thorned anytime I<br>> > try to get in the car.
in your evaluation. I am<br>> familiar with ZD but have not<br>> > grown
it but had the idea it was not a repeat bloomer. HH looks very<br>>
pretty.<br>> >

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com