RE: weekend gardening

Congrats!... sounds like you have done a ton of work to your garden
area.

Got my plants in, but weeds are still a major problem for me. Between
the rain and illness around here, it will be next summer before I can
get a handle on them.

Donna
Say since you are done there-- feel free to stop in here and tackle any
garden bed that interests you :) LOL!

> Well, I'm down to only 4 plants left to be planted (okay, not counting
the
> tomatoes and peppers I started that still need to go out - usually do
them
> Memorial Day but didn't get to them).  Hooray!  Finally finished the
last
> third of my new large bed (maybe 12' x 35' or so) at least with
initial
> plantings (several asclepias, multiples of several different varieties
of
> phlox, some asters - it's got bird/butterfly plantings plus 3 young
> sapphireberries) and papered and mulched the rest, except for a small
2x4
> area because I ran out of paper.  Finished edging it - I am pretty
excited
> it's very close to done (for this year). It's sort of a trapezoid
shape,
> created because that area of the property is very sloped and I didn't
want
> DH mowing it.
>
> Anybody else have a gumi (also spelled goumi)?  Mine is now about 8
years
> old, and put out a big crop of berries this year.  Since I was working
by
> it, I sampled a lot of them - yum!  They look like tiny, slightly
> elongated
> red cherries, maybe 1/2 inch long and half that wide, and when ripe
are
> slightly soft.  Taste somewhere between cherry and strawberry.
Anyway,