Re: weather or not

Ahh- today was a great relief, it was only 86 (I think it was really 90- but that is what the weather thing said). I did get the drain covers installed in the back yard, mowed the back yard, put down nematodes and ladybugs, and power-washed all of the concrete areas around the house to hopefully finally get rid of all the dirt, grit, etc from all the outside home improvements this past winter and spring. (I have a fantasy that my great outside cleanup will keep the inside of my house cleaner- just let me live with my delusion!). Lets see, I also drove all over gods creation trying to find another patio umbrella- they were sold out at every place except Lowes (which only had really ugly colors left) and then I got the brain storm to check Bed, bath and Beyond- voila! I should looked their first- got a nice green umbrella and with little lights imbedded in the wooden arms that hold the umbrella out. Very cute (and cheaper than anything at Lowes!). The base is kind of a yuck grey color- so tomorrow I think I'll go buy a can a green spray paint and improve it! Since we took down the pergola thing on the back porch when we had the outside of the house stuccoed, it is too hot on the back porch. I have a little umbrella back there, but that just wasn't enough. Someday we'll get a new pergola installed, but that isn't going to happen this summer for sure.

Don't roast Kitty- we are back to high 90s again tomorrow, but that is normal for us. I really should mulch too- but that just isn't happening this year. I have one leftover bag from last year that I'll spread somewhere, but everything else is just going to have to tough it out. My other project that I may or may not dive into tomorrow is removing all the gravel/rock where the front hose, downspout, sprinkler controller is and trying to figure out what drainage system is actually in place and how to best fix it. Also need to replace that one sprinker valve.....It is going to be a pain in the neck project, and I'm not sure I want to go to home depot 4 times tomorrow... I may opt instead for measuring the kitchen windows and getting some kind of curtains ordered (again so that I can close out some of the blazing hot sun!!).

Theresa

Kitty ewrote:
Normalily I don't get toro involved in weather discussions as you might have noticed, because there's nothing to be done about it really. But geez louise, it is hot. Weather.com is forecasting 96 for Monday. Under "Watering Need" it says 10 (the highest rating) every day. The lowest high for the next 10 days is 84, but most are around 90. It is frigging ridiculous.

I spent today at our MG garden tour and plant sale and when i got home I watered. Pam, how DO you do it? We got hot so fast I haven't really had time to get my watering plans in place, so all i'm doing is trying to keep things living which takes the time I would have used to put systems in place or plants in the ground, or mulch.

And then I brough MORE plants home from the sale.
Geez Louise, I am nuts.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5