To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2007 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT]critters > fence ideas

Very attractive leaves. Of course, Aralia spinosa has bi- to tri-
pinnately compound leaves and huge clusters of tiny white flowers in
mid summer.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b

On Jun 23, 2007, at 12:08 PM, Kitty wrote:

The orange requires full sun.  The mahonia, M bealei, is full sun
to light shade.  The Eleutherococcus I mentioned has thorns and
takes part to full shade and I have an opportunity for several so I
might create a hedge in front of the the privacy fence.  If you're
not familiar with it:
http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plantfinder/Plant.asp?code=A950

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5