Tree guys are here. Many of the trees in this subdivision have two or more leaders--disasters waiting to happen. There are two in front of the house, both fairly large, a birch and a maple. When I pointed this out to my sister, she called in a tree service. Corrective surgery is out of the question for the maple; the crotch in only about 3 feet from the ground, so they're going to cable the two leaders together up in the canopy. The smaller leader on the birch [about 6 inches in diameter] will be removed. Instructive to watch these guys work.

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W
Elevation 148'