To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] anyone heard from.....

We've been at a State Garden Club meeting and symposium
across the river at West Point since Monday - only 15 miles away but
the meetings ran late at night and we didn't want to have to drive
the percipitous and winding Bear Mountain Road at night, and back
again for an early morning meeting, especially in the intense heat
wave we've been having. Anyway, yesterday evening a violent storm
hit during the evening meeting - extreme thunder, constant lightning,
winds, torrential rains - trees down and power outages.  We were
especially glad not to be driving home in that.  But guess what, when
we got home this afternoon, telling ourselves that we hoped there
hadn't been damage on this side of the river, but that we surely needed
the rain - we found there hadn't been a drop here!  The first thing I had
to do was get right out and carry water.  At least the extreme heat has
moderated a bit - it was only 87 when I was hauling water, instead of the
98 it had been the day before.  What crazy weather!  First a late, cool,
dry spring, then sudden extreme heat and still dry. What next?
Auralie

In a message dated 6/11/2008 1:43:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,