From:
Theresa G. <macycat3@sbcglobal.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Sunday, June
22, 2008 9:35:45 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Settling in

Oh- I can sympathize.  I
spent part of yesterday installing an outside
canopy for part of my pergola.
What a huge pain in the $#%&.  And now
that it is up, I'm jsut not too
thrilled with it.  I used shade cloth
instead of the "sunshade" which is more
solid.  Well- rats, the shade
cloth looks kind of cheesy and doesn't block
enough of the sun for it to
be comfortable to sit out under after all.  So-
I'm thinking of taking
it all down and starting over....Next weekend or maybe
the one after that.

On the plus side, I did intall a misting system to the
pergola today and
it looks good and works too!

Theresa

james singer wrote:
> Finally beginning to feel at home here. Spent most of yesterday and
> part
of today assembling two chests of drawers from IKEA. They
> should've warned
me. At the very least, the box should have said "Not
> suitable for assembly
by persons over 70 years of age." It could've
> also said "Having three hands
highly recommended." I'm so stiff and
> sore I can barely keep my most used
body parts in operation.

> We won't go into why it took a month for IKEA to
deliver the
> kits--only to say they are a very difficult company to
communicate
> with. But now the chests are done and I can load the drawers
and quit
> living out of suitcases, backpacks, and plastic bags.
>

> Island
Jim
> Willamette Valley
> 44.99 N 123.04 W