RE: bombax in bloom and the link is here

no scent as far as my old sniffer can tell. if it did, i suppose everyone in zone 10 would have one or two in their yards. the blooms don't last once picked, either. the short one plucked a flower yesterday, floated it in a bowl of water, and it looks rather sad right now. another thing, i don't know how long it will bloom. today, when i took the pictures, buds out numbered flowers at least 10 to one. but what i don't know is if flowers die off as fast as buds open or if there is peak moment when most of the buds are open. but right now, this old tree is one glorious sight.