Re: watering practices

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] watering practices
  • From: Island Jim jsinger@igc.org
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:11:29 -0500

the advice sounds like straining at gnats to me. i water in the middle of the night and have yet to hear my plants complain.

you really should explore an automatic system, kitty. home built systems based on micro sprays, bubblers, misters, and drippers are not all that expensive and can be put together one area at a time. my six-station [zones] electronic timer cost less than $100 and it works like a dream--and uses a lot less water than conventional watering methods. i do not water a lawn, however.