From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of pdickson
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 7:46 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] pruning cuts

I see so many people that don't make the cut at the right place on the
collar.  He talked a lot about how that long piece will have to rot down and
when it gets going that sometimes it doesn't stop at the collar... just
keeps on rotting until it kills the tree.
Another big point is to ALWAYS make several cuts to complete one cut.  Start
with a little cut from underneath... so that when you cut from the top the
weight won't drop the limb and pull a strip off the tree from underneath.
Lots of good information that I am remembering in spurts!
Tricia