Re: Mathematics, OT

> Hi Chris. Thanks... that would work except the footballs I have in mind
> are fruits and seed. What I'm looking for is "best guess" since I don't
> have the scales, beakers, and what-not to do displacement. So here's
> the problem; maybe you'll see a better way to attack it.

Well, maybe you could just do displacement in a big bowl.  Puree the
fruit pulp and put it into a sandwich baggie.

Then you could measure out a certain amount of water -- say four cups.
Submerge the baggie and mark the new water line.

Remove the baggie, then fill the bowl up to that new mark.  Pour out the
water and measure it, subtract the initial amount of water (i.e. four cups)
and that will tell you the volume of the fruit pulp.

If you use a tall narrow cylinder for your bowl you're more likely to get
accurate results.  Do this for both your fruit and theirs, then compare
the overall volume differences...