Re: Changes in the works

>   I wanted to let you all know about some upcoming changes at hort.net.
>   The first change was just made to this mailing list a few minutes ago.
>   Mail sent out to all of you should be delivered much faster now because
>   of some new software that I've installed.  In the past if someone on
>   the list's ISP was down it could slow down delivery for everyone else.
>   I've also ordered some more memory for both the database and the Web
>   server, so the Web site should be a lot faster.

Here's a brief update -- the memory arrived yesterday afternoon and went
in around 1am, so now the Web and database server have twice as much
memory to work with as before.  I did some 'system tweaking' to take
advantage of the new memory, so the servers should be more responsive
under heavier loads (so we can do more on the site).

>   Finally, I've ordered the controllers that I need to add one terabyte
>   of disk (already purchased).  With that kind of disk you'll be able to
>   upload your own photos and stuff here.

The controller cards also arrived yesterday, but they'll take a little time
to play with before installing.  Hopefully I'll be finished with that part
of the upgrade after the weekend.

http://www.hort.net/gallery/      3690 online plant photos and growing!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/date/2005-03-20/       The latest additions