Re: Hamamelis x intermedia 'Angelly'

> Chris, not Cathy but I can tell you they do not have a web site.  Email
> address is arborvillage@aol.com

Hi Ceres,

   I received a message back from them today and was disappointed to hear
   that they no longer carry Angelly.  :(  However, they did point me to

   Fairweather Gardens (http://www.fairweathergardens.com/) which has a
   splendid collection of plants.

>     I have purchased a number of plants from them, both by mail & at their
> business site.  I currently have an order with them which will be sent soon.

   I was really impressed with Arbor Village's inventory of woody plants
   and asked if they'll let me come visit sometime with my camera.  So
   far, all signs point to yes!

>     Do you or others on the list grow Hamamelis with Birchs?  If so, is the
> gall a problem as warned by Dirr?

   I have a Hamamelis vernalis 'Christmas Cheer' about 50' away from a
   mature birch tree and haven't had any problems.  I'm going to
   move the witchhazel into the backyard this spring and replace
   it with 'Angelly' -- 'Christmas Cheer' just isn't showy enough
   in that spot.

   My neighbor has a Hamamelis virginiana in their front yard as well and
   it has done quite well.  It inspired me to plant one in my backyard
   last year (which the rabbits have now reduced down to nubs).

http://www.hort.net/gallery/      3690 online plant photos and growing!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/date/2005-03-20/       The latest additions