Re: Re: Wisteria question NOW Hydrangeas

Thanks, Chris. Sounds like a peachy idea, but with the many tropicals that I must fit on my 8' x 10' enclosed porch during the winter, it's going to have to wing it outdoors.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 6:02 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: Wisteria question NOW Hydrangeas

Don't feel bad, Donna. I've had a variegated hydrangea for three or four
years, and I have never seen it bloom. The darn thing freezes to the
ground every year. :-( I just keep hoping for a winter mild enough to let
it bloom sometime. All the rest of mine bloom all summer. BTW I'm going
to hear Michael Dirr speak at the Mid-South Hydrangea "do" in April. I
really look forward to putting a face with those comments of his.
Hi Zem,

  I've actually had *really* good luck growing my variegated hydrangea
  in a container and bringing it in over the winter.

  I get blooms every year and the variegated foliage looks awesome in
  the wide, cobalt blue pot that I grow it in.

  Just an idea.  :)

Chris