Re: ??????

yeah I remember that.  I was over at Elaine's in Kaufman today - every house
has enormous piles of brush and huge limbs from that foot of heavy wet snow
we had not too long back.  our trees aren't used to that here.  I got lucky,
but I just had mine trimmed back pretty good last year.  Dumb luck.  Those
old historic neighborhoods in Kaufman are a mess right now.  Coming a
toadfloater here at the moment.  Water's up to the curbs and w/ all the
lightning I figure well lose power any time now.

> Not really an ice storm, just about 14 inches of very wet, soft
> snow that weighed everything down. It wasn't very cold - even
> above freezing at times, but the snow was very wet, and then
> glazed into ice.  The destruction around here is amazing.  My
> opinion is that we haven't had a heavy snow in several years
> and things that would have been pruned back by mother nature
> in most periods just got overgrown.  The clean-up is going to
> cost a fortune, but at least we didn't have a tree on our roof
> this time, as we did a couple of years ago.
> Auralie
> In a message dated 3/8/2010 6:40:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> gardenqueen@gmail.com writes:
> Auralie - so sorry to hear about your trees, big ice storm up there?

Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A