Re: Re: "stuff' to do
  • Subject: Re: Re: "stuff' to do
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 13:39:21 -0500

Kathy & Gene,
Our MGs built this part of our nursery, 2 units, each about 24 long by 4 wide. One guy did the timber construction, another built the pvc top framework. The netting keeps the deer & bunnies out and in the summer I top it with shade cloth. I bought several rubbermaid shelving units so I could line the bottom to air-prune the pots so the plants don't grow from the pots into the ground.

We used to pot at one woman's house in April then transport them to these beds in May. If a frost threatened we'd cover the plants w sheets at her house. She's no longer with the nursery group (actually I'm all that is left) so potting has to be done at my house or at the nursery. That's why I ordered the frost blanket AML had one 6ftx250ft for $100 which seemed the easiest size for me to work with. We should get several year's use from the one roll.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@netsurfusa.net>
Someone spent a dime or two and some time to construct those holding
areas. Nothing so elaborate here, but perhaps there should be for it is far
cheaper than constructing a whole greenhouse.
Thanks for the photos

Gene E. Bush>

Kitty, love your setup! Looks much more "pro" than mine! I guess we can
hope we won't need frost blankets. Good idea to have them tho'. I can remember
scrambling to get things covered at the store one April a couple years
ago.  Kathy>