Re: mycorrhizal fungi?

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] mycorrhizal fungi?
  • From: Island Jim jsinger@igc.org
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 19:07:52 -0400

hi, libby,

here's the sum total of what i think i know about mycorrhizal fungus supplements.

one of the more respected tropical fruit gurus [i'm having a senior moment with his name but he holds the rank of professor at university of florida], who has a large demonstration garden and orchard in the miami-palm beach area, inoculated the entire garden and orchard with it a few years ago and swears by the results.

i have several packets of the stuff--samples from a would-be distributor--that i've never used. now that you remind me of it, however, and i have two trees i want to plant this weekend, i may try it out.